Wednesday, July 23, 2008

TRAVELING JULY 19TH TO 24TH


Life is great: Here we are heading West on Highway 80 thinking this is going to be a long hard drive - But, as usual we stopped the first night and met the nicest couple, Dave and Linda from Connecticut. Who would have thought that we would end up spending the next couple nights together and have such a great visit with them. This new puppy attracts everyone and when Dave and Linda saw me out with her they decided it was time to take a walk. Needless to say, we had to have cocktail time together for the next couple of nights. Not only that, they had to stop for a day and I had told them we were going to stop in Sidney, NE and on their way through, stopped just to visit and see us for the last time on this trip. What a fun and great couple they are.




We stopped in Sidney to see our friends, Mark and Deanna Jensen. We got here on Tuesday and I found it very interesting to go out with Deanna to take dinners to their crews. They have severay combines that were busy with cutting so I wanted to see what it was all about. I have shown some pictures of the cutting process which I found very intesting.

We enjoyed going to dinner with Deanna as Mark had to travel to MN, etc., I guess about 2200 miles in 2 days. We only got to say hello to him this morning (7/23/08) before he headed out to work again. Unfortunately, they are so busy we ended up not getting to see them for dinner. But, as usual, we went to the Buffulo Point for dinner and met the nicest couple from Chicago - westward and were farmers. Fun couple and I got so carried away that Critch started walking back to the RV!!!!! I couldn't believe by the time I ended my conversation he was half way to the RV park at Cabela's???? He is feeling pretty spunky tonight so that is a great sign.

No comments:

Summer 2008 Itinerary


June 22, 2008: KOA Branson until July 5th:

July 5 to 7th: travel from Branson to Elkhart, IN

July 7 to July 21st. Elkhart Campground, Elkhart Indiana

July 16 to July 19th: Supreme Rv service

July 20 to July 22nd: Traveling west on I-80 to Cabella's campground. Meeting up with Mark and Deanna Jenson from MCC.

July 22nd to July 28th: Kimball, NE. Visiting friends, The Evertson's, in Kimball and hopefully meeting up with Bruce and Laura White.